ReferencesSee also: My professional site, savolai.net
Web designRelated: software
- A small website project for a Christian drama duo.
- Evaluation of needs,
- informal target group analysis,
- UI design, production of web-readable text together with the client,
- photography, graphical design and
- HTML/CSS implementation using YUI grids
- Customization of Wordpress to help the duo maintain the site with minimal effort
University of Tampere: Electronic Exam service
- Summer 2006 to Spring 2008. Customized Moodle for the purposes of students making reservations and then accordingly taking exams in a video camera surveilled classroom. My tasks included initial requirements gathering with the working group designated for the project, small scale software project management (in cooperation with administrative management), graphical design, user interface design, usability testing, and software implementation. This project gave birth to my usability work with Moodle Quiz; see software.
- Autumn 2005. Reimplementation of the Mambo template to use a fluid, CSS-only layout. Graphics editing, some usability consulting.
The Department of Mechanical & production Engineering
- Summer 2005. Graphical design and implementation of the website. Uses Joomla/Mambo, so despite the fact that when I finished much work was still unfinished, the staff will be capable of updating the site content easily.
Finnish Lutheran Mission
- Autumn 2004 - Spring 2005. Consulting on the technical (Mambo/Joomla etc.) and usability design of the site, published shortly after my work at Finnish Lutheran Mission ended. Design and management of the student board website for the semester 2004-2005. Photography (portraits, art photos).
- I participated in the project from Spring 2004 to the end of 2005. An evangelical web site in Finnish, based on the material translated from Everystudent and other articles. With a small team, most things were planned together quite closely in meetings and then implemented by one of us. I've taken and edited photos, proof-read articles, did some level of usability evaluation. Designing the overall usage and behaviour of the site, community creation. Also took part in coding the HTML template for Mambo/Joomla, which is the CMS we're using.
Stadia Polytechnic / Intelligent Machine Control
- Spring-Summer 2004. Some simple ASP stuff since that's all that the server supported. I did the graphical design and implementation, the content is provided by other members of the project. XHTML Transitional, using CSS for positioning didn't seem to be worth the time this time.
Fennoscan Oy (Nowadays Fenten Oy)
- Autumn 2002. I wrote the thousand lines of PHP code that ran this site and all the HTML/CSS. Layout and graphical design by Kubik Advertising.
Aleksin Ravintolat Oy
- One of the biggest restaurant companies in Tampere. A longer-time website maintenance contract, since summer 2002, until the beginning of 2007. I didn't create the site originally, but introduced a PHP publishing system for them. I've also made some more or less major enhancements to the site during the years.
- A small company site, layout finished in 2000.